Saturday, February 26, 2011

Jhoote Naina Bole - Lekin

My Journey for art began with kathak dance when I was 5 years old. I think I was fortunate to learn kathak dance as my kathak teacher, Mrs. Moli Das, was my neighbor. Seeing my friends go there and dance and perform on stage, dressed up beautifully, tempted me to learn dance. My parents always fulfill my desire. There with dance I got the basic knowledge of taal. As time passed people realized my inclination for music and my parents sent me to music school as well where I was learning Rabindranath song as well as hindusthani classical music. And There the journey for art begins!!!
One of my favorite songs sung by Asha Bosle and Satyasheel Deshpande.
The music is composed by Hridaynath Mangeshkar and the lyrics were written by Gulzar. This is an amazing amalgamation of classical music as well as kathak dance.



No comments:

Post a Comment